With the pressures of day-to-day life, home security is often overlooked.
National Home Security Month (NHSM) aims to raise awareness of the importance of home security so the public can be safe in the knowledge that their home, family and belongings are protected.
Bridge FM Radio have teamed up with J-Sec Security to offer you some tip-top safety pointers on how you can keep your home secure!
- Keep sheds and garages locked. Not only could your items be stolen, burglars could use tools and ladders to break in
- Insecure break-ins – via an unlocked door or window – account for 30% of burglaries. Make sure you lock up, even when you’re at home
- Always set your burglar alarm when you go out even if just for a few hours. Failure to do so could invalidate insurance
- Burglar alarm not working? Don’t put off getting it in full working order with a service – you never know when you might need it
- It’s nice to open out patio doors to let some fresh air in but take care that intruders can’t access the garden and sneak in
- Don’t ‘check in’ on social media when out or away on holiday. You are openly declaring that your house is empty
- Kids in and out of the garden? Make sure they understand the importance of security including closing gates and doors
- Keep doors locked even if just popping to a neighbour’s. Sneak in thieves only need a few minutes to access your property
- Some burglar alarms can be linked to a camera system so you can check in visually if the alarm is triggered when away
- Ask a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your home when away from home. Obvious activity will deter a would-be intruder
J-Sec Security is a rapidly growing company which is due to our outstanding value for money. We guarantee that our prices will be better value than our competition. So much so we will match any genuine like for like quote.
For more information, head to their website now: jsscctv.co.uk